The ACHS has acquired several sources of historical information mostly through local donations. This information is available to the public, and is located in the Adams County Heritage Center at 311 Main Street in Friendship Wisconsin, our headquarters. The Heritage Center is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Noon to 5:00 pm. As the Society has no paid employees, all research must be done by volunteers. If you are unable to come to the Heritage Center, there are a few members who do research IN THE COUNTY for reasonable per hour fees and costs. Please email your research request to the society and someone will answer as soon as possible.
For appointments, please call the Heritage Center during open hours (608) 339-7733, or one of the listed members:
- Patricia Kierstyn – (608) 339-2199
- Mary Jo Meyer – (608) 564-7987
- Karen Church – (608) 339-3400
- Jerry Jaquith – (608) 432-3235
Current information available:
- Genealogy files of area families – both personal and organizational, and family history library
- County School Records – Elementary to High School dating to 1850’s.
- Local Newspapers – Adams County Press from 1865 through 1880, Friendship Reporter & Adams County Times from 1915.
- County Assessment Roles – from 1912 through 1969.
- Census Microfilms – Federal for 1850, 1860, 1870.
- Census Microfilms – State for 1855, 1875, 1885, 1895, 1905.
- Scrapbooks, Photographs, Glass Negatives.
- McGowan Family Papers.
- Townships of Adams County (history)
- Churches and Religion
- Old Businesses of Adams County
- Plus much more
Links to additional Adams County Information:
- Adams County Chamber of Commerce
Other Wisconsin history sites:
- Wisconsin Historical Society
- Heritage Quest – World’s largest On-line genealogy store.
- Hales Corners Historical Society
- Wood County Genealogical Society
If you have any information that will be helpful to increase our archive, please visit the Donations page for more details on how to contribute. For more information about the archive, contact the Society